The Credit Union is a "not for profit, but for service" cooperative financial institution,
offering everything from basic savings accounts to mortgage loans to complex investment
We're proud to be part of America's credit union movement, where people really are
worth more than money.
66 Federal Credit Union was founded in 1939 by the Jane Phillips Sorority. Mildred
Hunt was the first treasurer and she conducted credit union business at her desk
in the pipeline department at Phillips Petroleum Company during her lunch break
and after hours. At that time a single quarter opened a savings account which allowed
members to obtain unsecured loans up to $50.
Even though the Credit Union was organized for the benefit of sorority members,
it soon opened its doors to include all Phillips Petroleum Company employees. In
1941 the name changed from Jane Phillips Sorority Credit Union to 66 Federal Credit
In 1990, KU Credit Union, in Lawrence, Kansas merged with 66 Federal
Credit Union. Today, we serve over 75 employee groups in the Lawrence, Kansas, area.
In 1994, the Credit Union opened a branch in Bellaire, Texas to serve Phillips Petroleum
Company employees living in the Houston area. In 2002 after the merger of Phillips
Petroleum Company and Conoco, this branch was renamed ConocoPhillips Credit
Union and moved to the ConocoPhillips Complex on Dairy Ashford in Houston.
In 1995, 66 Federal Credit Union welcomed the employees of Tyson Foods to the Credit
Union family and a branch office was opened in Springdale, Arkansas. Today, we serve
nearly 8,300 members in the northwest Arkansas area.
The Credit Union effectively serves more than 62,000 members worldwide. As of 2013,
our assets have grown to over $698 million.
If you're not already a member, join us!